It is widely known that companies using mobile marketing efficiently have been more successful in reaching their goals. Acting fast is crucial where the competition is challenging. In the modern marketing age, t is almost impossible to get success through traditional ways. The faster you reach out to your customers, the more success you have.
What if you have been told that mobile marketing kept its importance in the global business arena? What would you think about using the mobile marketing strategy that is favored by most companies as an effective method?
How It Started and Kept Involving?
Marketing the products or services through mobile mediums like SMS, MMS, push notifications with promotions and campaigns are referred as mobile marketing. All marketing strategies actualized by using mobile communication channels are included in mobile marketing.
Text messaging technology first started in 1993, and exactly 10 years later, SMS and short codes started to be used for commercial purposes for the first time in 2003. Nike and Pontiac have been the two companies that set an example for the efficient usage of this technology. According to Statista, in 2007, the total number of people using SMS was 2.4 billion people. In today’s world, this number has reached 5.5 billion according to GSMA Intelligence. According to Zion Search A2P (Application to Person) SMS Market continues to grow. The market is expected to reach USD 70.00 billion in 2020, growing at a CAGR of around 4.0% between 2015 and 2020. (https://www.marketresearchstore.com/news/global-a2p-sms-market-set-for-rapid-growth-122)
Why Should You Use a Mobile Marketing Campaign?
You should use mobile marketing campaigns to lead generate and increase your sales by reaching your target customer instantly with minimum cost. Other reasons to use mobile marketing can be listed as such:
Accessibility: Mobile devices are the easiest way to have accessibility. Your target customers carry their mobile phones with them all day.
Personalization: Mobile devices are the best way to have personal contact with your target customers. People tend to feel closer to the brands communicating with them on a more personal level.
Instant Messages: Which devices would you choose to reach your target more easily? It is not hard to guess the mobile devices’ crucial role here. %90 of messages are seen instantly according to Mobilesquared.
Impact of Mobile Devices on eCommerce: Most prefer shopping from their mobile devices. %78 of calls made to target customers for sale purposes result in success. SMS, MMS and mobile ads play an important part in leading customers to product search. %64 of customers prefer messaging rather than calls when they demand help from customer services. On the other hand, %77 of consumers give positive feedback on companies using text messages according to Mobile Marketing Watch.
Affordable costs: Compared to other marketing types, mobile marketing comes with affordable costs.
First Steps to Start a Mobile Campaign
An effective mobile marketing strategy depends on the selection of the target customer correctly along with drawing a clear picture of your goals and success criteria. The steps listed below can be helpful in creating your strategy.
- Start by collecting your actual and potential customers’ and phone numbers. When doing this make sure that you have the proper consent processes in place. Proceed with analyzing your target customers. Make an effective segmentaion. Create a descriptive profile for each customer. Add their complaints and purchasing processes to their profiles as well. Make sure these processes are in compliance with regulations like GDPR and the Law on the Protection of Personal Data at this step. For more information please visit; https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
- Set your goals: Start creating an efficient strategy by taking your goals into consideration. You need some answers to set your mobile marketing strategies.
- What Are We Doing for Mobile Marketing Now?
- What Are Our Primary Goals?
- What Do We Expect from Mobile Marketing?
- Determine your KPIs (key performance indicators):
You need to run some tests and optimizations to see if mobile marketing leads you to success or not. Some mobile marketing solutions to take you to success are listed below:
- Create content that is mobile compatible for customers reaching out to you so that they can get further information about a product or a service you provide.
- Make use of call to actions on your mobile ads. Marketing plays a significant role in increasing sales. Click and call buttons will lead buyers using smartphones to customer services.
What Are the Most Efficient Mobile Marketing Strategies?
Mobile users tend to check their phones 150 times a day on average. %70 of these buyers prefer getting text messages about the product offers that they are interested in according to Qualtrics. You may also make offers to your target customers by implementing mobile marketing trends listed below to your sales.
- SMS Marketing
It is the process of taking the number of customers and sending them product offers via text messages. You need to have the consent of customers to be able to send them texts. Over 4 billion people in the world get SMS. Text messages draw customers’ attention 8 times more. What is required for a great text message?
- Texts should be less than 160 characters.
- Avoidance from slang and abbreviated sentences.
- Providing good offers to your target customers.
- More details on the sender of the text message.
- Using a call to action on text messages.
- Marketing Through Push Notifications
In mobile marketing, push notifications are the notifications or messages sent by mobile applications to their customers. %70 of mobile app users allow push notifications according to IDC. To be able to use push notifications, users need to download your application and give permission for the notifications.
Push is a permission-based mobile customer communication channel that allows marketers to communicate directly with brands’ app users, to increase engagement and conversion rates.
Benefits of Push Notifications include:
- Saves time
- Delivers in real-time
- High response rates
- Easy to opt-in / opt-out
- Easy to target on time and location basis
- Supports different media types
Push Notification Types
Basic, HTML text-based push message type.
Messages that contain rich content such as audio, video, image or GIF.
With interactive push messages subscribers can interact with your notifications by pressing call to action buttons.
You can define actions such as Like, Share, Register, Add to basket, Purchase, Rate the app, Call, Subscribe, Remind me…
You can show more than one image in a single notification that helps you to increase engagement rates of your campaigns.
Push notifications allow brands execute location-based marketing as well. Location-based marketing is a direct marketing strategy that uses a mobile device’s location to alert the device’s owner about an offering from a near-by business.
What are The Legal Obligations for Mobile Marketing?
Explanations for the Customers: You need to ask if your customers would like to get notified or informed about your offers and promotions.
Getting Subscription Permissions: To add your customers to your SMS list, you need their permissions and these permissions need to be stored. Consent is mandatory, so you should not miss this step.
Explaining the Rights to Waive: You need to explain to your customers how they can renounce from their rights of getting mobile ads.
Please remember, the easier and faster you reach your customers directly, the higher your success will be. We hope tips we share will help you reach your marketing targets and increase customer satisfaction.
Feel free to contact us for your questions on mobile marketing.